Join the Caloosa Jeepers as we embark on our second trip to Windrock Park outside of Knoxville, TN. The park has trails from stock to double diamond extreme trails. The club was there in 2014 and had a great time. If you are interested in this excursion, here are a few details and information regarding the trip:
July 8 – 15, 2017
- A working, well maintained, Jeep that can be hauled or driven to Windrock, and BACK.
- CB Radio
- We ask that you participate in all the training leading up to the event to prepare for the trip
- Demonstrate to the group going that you are serious about the trip…more on this later.
- Tool kit & first aid kit, and knowledge on how to use both
We will stay on-site at the park, which provides the following lodging options:
- Cabin Rental: $175 – $300 a night. You are responsible for booking your cabins as soon as possible. Many options are available to share cabins with other families. They range from 2 bedrooms and up.
- RV Sites: $38 and up a night
- Tent Camping: $16 and up a night
- Small 4 bed cabins: $100 a night
The club will provide details for rides closer to the event. We will do a group ride one day for all Jeeps, and will also have rides for different level Jeeps throughout the week. You also have the option to ride into the Smokey Mountains, Gatlinburg, or Sevierville if you wish. Trip Preparation: This trip is not a Joy Ride, Mud Bog, “Hold my beer and watch this” trip. This is a serious trip into the mountains where things can get nasty real quick, not to mention it is 14 hours of driving so if you tear your rig up, we have to figure out how to get you home. Therefore, we will be having 2 driver meetings prior to the trip out at Lazy Springs. Those dates will be Saturday, April 1, 2017 and Sunday May 7th. We will also have a trip to Hard Rock Offroad Park in Ocala as prep for the trip, date TBD. Depending on the outcome of these, we
may have another meeting in June as a final prep. These meetings will cover the following:
- Driving Skills
- First Aid
- General knowledge of the people going on the trip.
Windrock Park is one of the best off-road parks in the southeastern United States. It will test your driving skills and the capability of your rig, should you choose to push the limits. We will always exercise safety first and follow the rules of the park. We will also be setting up a Facebook group for people committed to going on trip. Get the family and your rig ready!!! We are going to have a blast!!!!
We may decide to break the trip up into 2 days driving to Windrock if the members wish to do so. More to come on that.